Welcome to the Our Lady of the Angels school website.
On behalf of the parish school community, I welcome you to Our Lady of the Angels Primary School. We are blessed to have our beautiful parish church on the same grounds as the school. Fr Warren Edwards, founded the parish in 2007. Our current Parish Priests are Fr Carlos and Fr Omar.
Your child is unique and special with his/her own gifts and we are honoured that you have invited us to share the journey with you as these gifts unfold.
Our school motto, “Faith seeking understanding”, stems from the knowledge that the members of our community are united in the same Catholic faith. It is our mission as educators, parents, children, priest and parish – to grow into a deeper understanding of this faith as we live and learn together.
At Our Lady of the Angels, we provide a comprehensive balanced curriculum that engages students in quality learning experiences across the six mandated key learning areas and Religious Education. We endeavour to ensure that each of our students develop a love of learning, a thirst for knowledge, a healthy self-esteem, a respect for others, and a desire to know and follow their God.
At Our Lady of the Angels we believe that:
- Education is a community process
- Education is most effective when there is a strong partnership between school and home
- Education is about believing that each person is made in the image and likeness of God
- Education is the process of releasing and nurturing the true potential within each child
- Education is looking at every child as the hope for the future.
The committed and talented staff at Our Lady of the Angels aim to provide quality learning and teaching to foster in your child academic and human excellence. We aim to provide your child with many opportunities to experience Christ in their lives and develop this life long relationship.
- Catering for the ‘whole’ person – spiritually, socially, physically, emotionally, culturally and intellectually based on Gospel values
- Providing opportunities for your child to experience and celebrate success and learning at their own individual level
- Helping your child to experience God’s love and nurture his/her personal faith in an environment of prayer, celebration, belonging and community
We look forward to working in partnership with you throughout your child’s schooling with a common vision and high expectations, enabling them to grow and develop in gratitude and respect for all that has been given to them. We offer our support to you in your fundamental role as the first educators of your child.
I encourage you to be an active participant in the life of the school and parish and walk with your child through their precious years at Our Lady of the Angels.
It is in partnership that we can achieve great things for our children.
May each day be filled with Faith, Fun and Learning!